Thursday, April 10, 2008

Day 598: Fun in the Sun

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Beach Joy

Ah! It finally felt like Spring this morning!

I got out for my 2 mile walk, which included a dip through the park and down to the river's edge. The river is running very low right now. The Spring run-off has not yet begun. So there was more beach front than usual available to walk along.

Taking advantage of the situation, I played right along the shoreline. Then I saw a small pile of rocks that started calling out my name. It reminded me of part of the Victoria & Albert web project that I want to participate in some day, the World Beach Project.

Perk! "What's that?" you ask? It's an

… art project open to anybody, anywhere, of any age. Building on the experience many of us have of making patterns on beaches and shorelines, this project combines the simplicity of making patterns with stones with the complexities of shape, size, colour, tone, composition, similarity and difference.

My little stone human doesn't fit all the criteria. Since I was alone on the beach and without a tripod, I was unable to take a couple necessary photos (the beach shot & the shot of me making my pattern), so this one can't be added to the website.

But now that I have it in mind, I'll have to go about making another stone work of art to be a part of this worldwide event.

Doesn't matter. I had an excellent morning being out in the sun, feeling great, and playing in the dirt. My little dancing guy is me to a T right now. Feeling good. Dancing. Glowing.

No comments: