Sunday, March 10, 2019

A Quiet Moment

Since I'm still not quite on my game and creating new crafts or images, I thought I'd pull a favorite photo from my past to share today.

I took this photo on June 20, 2006 when I first got serious about wanting to become a better photographer using a little Canon point-and-shoot camera that would fit in my pocket. At that time, I called my photo learning project my Creative Journey. I'd take photos every day, pick out the very best one to share, and throw away the rest. This photograph was taken on Day 4.

On that Spring-nearly-Summer day, my daughter Jodie and I went for our first picnic of the season to Falls Park here in Post Falls. She'd recently bought these shoes with the adorable lining. We took our shoes off to walk in the grass. We spread out the old Snoopy blanket on which to sit and eat our lunch. The smell of the grass, avoiding duck and goose droppings, the laughter of kids, the older couple who were steadying one another while slowly making their way to a picnic table, the energizing nature of negative ions emanating from the Falls ... all memory snapshots in addition to this image.


I'm longing for Spring right now. But in north Idaho we'll remain frozen this week. Snow on Tuesday. Nighttime temperatures remain below freezing. It's supposed to be cloudy on most days. But later in the week we may hit the magical temperature of 40 degrees. Coats will be replaced with sweaters. Some men, young and old, will don shorts to wear with their white socks and athletic shoes.

In the mean time, I'll cocoon inside. I'll stitch. Make some soup. Dale and I are binge watching Mozart in the Jungle. It's a wonderful way to teleport away from this land of ice, cold, ice, snow, icicles, and ice. In a few weeks, our beautiful land will show her colors again.

My patience is, unfortunately, wearing thin. This picture eases my unrest.




No comments: