Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Elroy Jetson

People are more difficult for me to draw than animals. I think I could have done a better job if I'd drawn him bigger. This image is only about 3 inches tall, where Road Runner was about 8 inches. I feel like I was scrunched for space today, especially when drawing the face. Next time I'll spread out more.

My colors are a little off in this drawing, too. I suppose I need to dig through my colored pencil stash for more options.

Today, I tried drawing while using my laptop screen for the tutorial. That was a little frustrating, due to how sunlight hits the screen. Plus, the screen times out (fades to black) while I'm working. Using my phone is less frustrating, but still not ideal. I'll try printing the tutorial to see if that works better. I'm getting closer to finding a method that works best for my learning style.



I do like what I'm learning as I do these tutorials. I'm starting to understand how to use geometric shapes as the "bones" of the drawing, then adding and subtracting curved lines to form "shapes," then adding "skin" with details. It's a layering process that I hadn't used before. It's also helping me with perspective and proportion. Good stuff.

No comments: