Friday, March 1, 2019

19 in 2019 - February Update

I've managed to make progress on a several of my goals.







.
.


Goal #1: Do the finishing work on needlework pieces that are stitched but not ready for display.

I turned In the Garden into a book cover for my gratitude Journal. I've chosen my next finishing project and started gathering the materials I need to complete the project. 





Goal #8: Go on a Celebrate Your Life retreat
I registered for the retreat that's coming up in July.



Goal #12: Learn my Enneagram
I've begun the research. I found tests online and a book or two that I might purchase.


Goal #13: Reach a specified weight by February doctor’s appointment
Goal met! In addition, all but one of my other markers went in the right direction. I've set a new goal for my August appointment. 


Goal #15: Purge and organize storage shelves in exercise room

I purged the box of Valentine decor and went through the box of St. Patrick's Day decor.




Goal #16: Use up my tea stash

I've continued having hot tea each morning and have used up another box, Celestial Seasonings Raspberry Zinger. I've now started drinking peppermint tea. It's good, but I do like the berry teas better.




Goal #17: Blog at least 25 weeks of #throwbackthursday posts of my 1997 - 2007 projects

I wrote three more posts in February.




Goal #18: Blog at least 10 of my Ladies of the Evening collection (mend as needed)

I wrote one blog post in February. I've picked which Lady to write about next and set up the photo studio for the pictures. I've completed four out of ten posts so far.



Goal #19: Finish one of my eight courses

I'm continuing The Creative License by Danny Gregory. The current lesson has to do with proportion. Here's one piece I drew this month:




Alternate Goal: Watch 50 movies from my Netflix/Amazon queues.

I watched one movie in February, bringing my total to seven:
American Sniper


Alternate Goal: Photo Organization

I made huge progress on this goal. I've edited, shared, and filed photos from my most recent outings (recent = 2 years). I also culled photos on auxiliary devices/formats (phones, Google Drive, Facebook). In addition, I finally backed up my computer after far too many months and talked to Dale about choosing an automated backup system to the cloud.


I've also made progress on three other alternate goals that involve creative pursuits (metal punch stamping, card making, and photography).


I've continued my quest to Whittle a Little something every day. I've been watching videos from several decluttering gurus for inspiration. In February, I:
  • Went through my clothes again
  • Cleaned out more from my bathroom cabinets
  • Filed all my digital photos
  • Cleaned out and deleted old documents on my computer
  • Found a way to use up random and leftover embroidery floss
  • Started burning and enjoying candles from my too-big collection

I find that as I'm shopping, I now ask myself, "If you were moving, would you want to have to pack that?" It has helped me consider my purchases more carefully. When I'm crafting, I ask myself, "Do you really need that new supply? Or can you make do with items in your stash by thinking about those items in a more creative way?"

I feel excellent about the progress I've made.

No comments: