Thursday, July 25, 2019

Throwback Thursday - 2005 Part 7


Quilted Ornaments




This week, the Wayback Machine takes us to September 2005. I'd been working on these ornaments bit by bit all year, but finished them in September. I made these ornaments so they could be donated to a stitchery shop. Every year donated ornaments are put on display for a month or two, then auctioned off. The monies generated from the sale go to the American Diabetes Association.








These ornaments are from a printed "cheater top" quilt fabric. I'm not sure who started this set, but they were cut out and the stitching had been started, but left unfinished. The previous owner then donated them to a church yard sale. That's where I got them.








I recognized the fabric as the same a good friend had used to make ornaments to sell at a craft fair. I'd received a couple of hers and liked them. Since they are small, I figured that I could manage to quilt them with my limited beginner's skills.








I did enjoy quilting them. The simple stitch and movement of the needle was very relaxing. But the real fun came in deciding what fabric scraps to back them with, and how to embellish each design with sequins, beads, bits of lace, ribbon, bells, buttons, raffia and other trim.







I wish my photography skill were better back in 2005, because the stitching and embellishments are not very clear in these photos. They were fun to make. I'd consider doing this again.

I've now completed another of my 19 in 2019 goals. I've blogged 25 #throwbackthursday posts!

No comments: