Tuesday, September 1, 2020

August Goal Update

I feel like I tread water in August. I guess I needed to slow down a little. My overall statistics didn't change much. Mostly I continued going above and beyond many of the goals I already completed. 



Overall Statistics

Completed: fourteen goals
In Progress: four goals + two alternate goals
Unstarted: two goals
High-achiever (reached my goal but did more anyway): twelve goals


---


Goal Details

1. Transcribe session from last year's Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat
Finished in February

2. Create a watermark for my photos
Not yet

3. Memorize the names of all the U.S. presidents in order
Not yet

4. Reach a new goal weight
Finished the 1st in March.
Reached the 2nd goal weight in April.
Reached the 3rd goal in July.

5. Find a new doctor, a new dentist, and a psychiatrist
In progress:
Have a doctor and mental health professional. I have a lead on a dentist, but will forego making an appointment until the crisis is over.

6. Put together 20 jigsaw puzzles
Finished in February.
I made one more in August:
34. Summer Popscicles

7. File all new digital photos once per quarter
Finished first and second quarters

8. Zero out email box once per quarter
Finished first and second quarters

9. Learn to cook six keto dishes
Finished in March.

10. Listen to 20 podcast short series
Finished in July! Listened to two more in August:
21. The Confessional with Nadia Bolz-Weber - August 03
22. Epidemic with Dr. Celine Gounder and Ronald Klain


11. Find 20 geocaches
Finished in March.
I found one in August:
33. Three Four Shut the Door - August 16

12. Watch 20 movies or series from my Netflix / Netflix DVD / Amazon Prime / Hallmark queues
Finished in May. Watched eight more in August:
35. Mr. Turner - August 02 (Netflix DVD)
36. Mirror, Mirror - August 05 (Netflix)
37. The Politician - August 08 (Amazon Prime)
38. 360 - August 09 (Netflix DVD)
39. Wild Oats - August 16 (Netflix)
40. The Meddler - August 16 (Netflix DVD)
41. Cafe’ Society - August 27 (Netflix DVD)
42. Love in the Cafe - August 27 (Hallmark)

13. Celebrate 20 minor holidays
Finished in May. I celebrated two more in August:
27. National Watermelon Day - Aug 03
28. Grab Some Nuts Day - Aug 03

14. Read / listen to 20 books / audiobooks
Finished in July. Read one in August:
21. City of Girls by Elizabeth Gilbert

15. Write 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts.
Finished in June. Wrote two more in August:
26. Hearts - August 20
27. Photo Kudos - August 27

16. Create a preliminary design for permanent furniture and fixtures in my Studio.
Made more progress in August. 
Jeanne helped me come up with a few ideas to try. We ordered some storage furniture for the alcove and rearranged the furniture in the Studio to see if the new layout is practical.

17. Master bedroom closet organization.
Finished in February.

18. Send 20 letters / cards
Finished in July.

19. Paint 20 rocks.
Finished in March. Have now painted 40.
In August, I joined the Lane County Rocks Facebook group.

20. Buy furniture: couch, loveseat, glider, dining room table.
Finished in April. 
In August, we bought more furniture for bedroom, living room, and alcove.



Alternate Goals

Complete 20 previously started projects
4. Stitching done on You Are What You Eat in August. Preparing to frame now.

Make a food treat or a dessert each month
August - Brownies 



Word of the Year: Settle

Dale and I did quite a number of things around the house to help me feel more settled:
* Bought shelving for bedroom
* Went through boxes of artwork in garage and hung some of it
* Prepped the back yard for refinishing the fence
* Bought three side tables for the living room and entryway.
* Bought (but haven't yet built) three storage cube units for the alcove.
* Rearranged the Studio with different furniture (that we already had)
* Helped Jeanne find a place to live in Springfield

Plus ...
I'm still taking in the sunset most evenings and sharing photos of them on Facebook and Instagram.

---

In September, I hope to make some more progress on furnishing my Studio and the alcove. Dale's upgrading my computer and photo editing program, so I'll be doing a backup and zeroing out my email again. I'll also help our oldest daughter get settled into her new apartment. Once she's here, we plan to do more geocaching. I also hope to finish one or two projects that are kitted or partially complete.


No comments: