Thursday, September 3, 2020

Throwback Thursday: Serenity

 I stitched this piece for my mom in 1995. Her favorite prayer was The Serenity Prayer


I love this pattern. I love the color pallet. I love the depth it has from full cross-stitches in front and half-cross-stitches in the background. I love how the pine trees, the lupines, the foggy sky, and the bird in flight all remind me of north Idaho where we lived. After Mom died, this piece came back to me.


After twenty five years, the stitching is still in good shape, but the cherry wood frame was pretty beat up. So this week I took the piece apart and gave the frame a nice coat of black acrylic craft paint. The final result is beautiful.


The Serenity Prayer now hangs in our living room in the corner where the couch and loveseat meet, over our new square glass & chrome table.


It's a happy accident that the grey mat board surrounding the stitchery coordinates so well with the wall color in our new home.


No comments: