Wednesday, September 2, 2020

Some Royal Assistance, Please

 I feel the need for a crown.


No. Seriously. I need a crown. The one on my molar snapped in half on Monday night. I about ripped my tongue open on my tooth's jagged edge. Thankfully, Jodie hooked me up with her exceptional dentist and I got an appointment yesterday. The temporary crown is in place. 

In a couple weeks I'll get the permanent crown and a teeth cleaning. Yeah! I'd been waiting until the pandemic had run its course before trying to find a dentist. But this broken tooth moved the timeline forward. I'm actually very happy about that. Not only am I six months overdue for a cleaning, but now I get to cross another goal off my 20/2020 list!

Dale dropped me off in downtown Springfield to get me started at the dentist's office. But he had a presentation to give at work, so left me there until after my appointment. I had about an hour to kill before he could pick me up, so I decided to take a walk around the shops and city buildings.

I had the opportunity to walk by many of Springfield's murals, including this one of The Simpsons


Fun fact. The Springfield depicted in The Simpsons had its origins in Springfield, Oregon.

Another fun fact. There is a geocache associated with this mural. It's a puzzle cache that will take some working out of clues to find the cache, so I didn't try for it today. I'm looking forward to nabbing it with Jeanne and Jodie in the not-too-distant future.

No comments: