Friday, January 1, 2021

Wrap It Up & Move Ahead

Wrapping It Up

I had a superb year of completing all my goals in 2020. Here are the results:
  1. Transcribed my session with John Holland from Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat

  2. Created a watermark for my photos

  3. Bought a car

  4. Lost 25 pounds

  5. Found a new medical team

  6. Put 42 jigsaw puzzles together (my goal was 20)

  7. Filed all my digital photos once per quarter

  8. Zeroed out my email box once per quarter

  9. Learned to make 16 Keto recipes (my goal was 6)

  10. Listened to 28 short podcast series (my goal was 20)

  11. Found 33 geocaches (my goal was 20)

  12. Watched 120 movies from my Netflix / Amazon / Hallmark queues (my goal was 20)

  13. Celebrated 28 minor holidays (my goal was 20)

  14. Read / listened to 26 books (my goal was 20)

  15. Wrote 27 Throwback Thursday blog posts (my goal was 20, then to finish my photo transfer series from my old website).

  16. Made a preliminary design for furniture and fixtures in my Studio and built my worktable

  17. Completed a master bedroom closet organizational system

  18. Sent 23 cards and letters via snail mail (my goal was 20)

  19. Painted 40 rocks (my goal was 20)

  20. Bought needed furniture for the house


    I made progress on these alternate goals:

  21. Completed 12 projects that were waiting in the wings for years (my goal was 20)

  22. Made a food treat or dessert each month. (my goal was 12, and I did all of them)

My Word of the Year for 2020 was Settle

Dale and I feel like we did this well. We feel well-established in our home. We've made friends with some of our neighbors. We can get around town without having to use Google Maps all the time. Some of our settling within our new community was thwarted due to the pandemic keeping us in our home so much. But considering our restrictions, we feel relatively settled into our new home of one year.


Onward in 2021!




.
My goals for 2021 are simple and should be a lot of fun for me. I plan to attempt 21 new-to-me artforms! This means I get to try nearly three new types of art each month. 

I've made a list of possibilities, but I'm open to trying other options that present themselves throughout the year. My options include:
  • Artrageous book
  • Braided cord (using the loom I already have)
  • Broomstick lace
  • Crochet a corner to corner afghan
  • Embossed foil labels
  • Felt embossing
  • Finger painting
  • Hairpin lace
  • Heat embossing on paper/cards
  • Macrame
  • Metal punch jewelry
  • Mosaic
  • Nail art
  • Needle felting
  • Paint pour
  • Paint with string or chain pull technique
  • Painting on canvas with oil or watercolor
  • Postcard journal or other journals / bound books
  • Potato stamps
  • Pottery / Clay vessel
  • Quilling
  • Resin
  • Roman shade (for my bathroom)
  • Scratch board
  • Screen Printing
  • Sculpture
  • Security envelope art
  • Silk ribbon embroidery Studio sign
  • Solar printing
  • Sparkler painting
  • Spinning
  • Stained glass
  • String Art (heart)
  • Tatting
  • Tie dye
  • Weaving

My Word of the Year for 2021 is Explore. Where my hope last year was to get to know my new hometown and nestle into our home, this year is a bit of the opposite. It's to learn more about Oregon. Once the pandemic subsides, we hope to find new favorite restaurants. I need a new favorite nature walk area. We want to visit state parks and see the waterfalls.

It also means exploring more inside our home. Obviously, my 21 goals are all about exploring art. But I may also explore more photographic techniques. Maybe I'll try more home decorating ideas. I might do more inner-life exploration by journaling in a different way. I'm considering exploring a different way to express gratitude as well.

One more idea I have for 2021 is to play with the concept of Try It Toosday. I have a folder on my desktop called "Blog Fodder." In it are all kinds of ideas I've gathered from other artists/writers/photographers that sparked an interest in me. So on some Tuesdays, I'll attempt to re-create one of those ideas and write a blog post about it -- because I want to try it too!


I'm looking forward to giving these new goals a try. I think by exploring and learning, my eyes will be open to many more possibilities.

No comments: