Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Try It Too-sday: Nature Dancing

I happened upon a remarkable photograph by artist Chris Kenny earlier this year. I loved it so much, that I wanted to create my own version. For the last four months, I've been collecting twigs on my afternoon walks. I finally gathered enough to give this idea some legs.

Here's my version:

Click for a larger image


Here's Chris Kenny's original version. You can read more about it on the Colossal website and see more examples of his twig people on his Instagram account, TwigSaints.



In the photo editing process, I learned how to make drop shadows. It's a process! I had to stretch my brain cells quite a bit to get the shadows to work. I had help from a YouTube video by George Peirson.

This #tryittoosday completes #14 in my 21 Goals in 2021. Whoo-woo!

No comments: