Monday, January 24, 2022

Flash Craft: Cupid's Arrow

My primary creative intention for 2022 is to make what I call Flash Crafts. I'm continually bombarded with great crafting ideas. Last year, when I was in my creative slump, I completed very few projects. 

Now that I'm emerging from that slump, I've decided that if I see a project that catches my attention, I will drop whatever I'm doing and make that project within five days. A Flash Craft!

Here's my first. Some Cupid's Arrows for our granddaughters.


I found this idea on the Happiness is Homemade blog. Adorable! So I gathered my supplies:

  • glittery foam hearts
  • red pencils
  • red duct tape
  • a wooden heart shape


I used the wooden heart shape to cut smaller hearts from the big ones I had on hand. I used hot glue to adhere the two sides of the hearts together, leaving a hole at the top of the heart shape.


Figuring out how to make the duct tape "feathers" was a little tricky. Mine didn't come out the same, but that's OK. 

I sharpened the pencils because they fit into the point of the arrow better.


All in all, it took less than two hours from seeing the idea to having a finished craft.

Flash!


---

Inspired by Happiness is Homemade



No comments: