Sunday, January 30, 2022

Valentines for My Little Bugs

With Valentine's Day around the corner, I've got hearts on my mind (again ... still!) I saw this sweet idea on nontoygifts' Instagram account this week. The Valentines totally captured my attention. Know what that means?

Flash Craft!


I made the bee for Melody, and the ladybug for Annie. Each bug has a personal message under their wings, along with a hidden heart on their chest.

And googly eyes, of course!


The construction paper valentines are oversized, so I made custom envelopes for them. Each envelope measures 8.5" x 6.75" and was made from two pieces of printer paper cut to size and adhered together with double-sided tape.


I even found these 1/2" square heart stickers in my stash that look like tiny postage stamps.


These cards will be added to our grandkids' Valentine gift box and mailed to Idaho at the beginning of February.

With Flash Crafts, I need to remind myself that "done is better than good." I can take some shortcuts to get to the end so that my brain can get a blast of serotonin. Perfection is not the name of the game.

I got to have a happy dance, and the entire project -- from idea to clean-up -- took about two hours. I had all the supplies on hand, so there was no out-of-pocket costs.

No comments: