Monday, June 13, 2022

Eugene Park Tour - Bond Lane Park

Dale and I visited Bond Lane Park on a beautiful sunny day at the end of April. It's another park in the Cal Young district of town. So far, this is one of my very favorite parks.


Like most neighborhood parks we've visited so far, there is a lot of open green space and a playground for the kids. There are plenty of picnic tables and benches dotted around the green area. This particular park is surrounded by dense trees.


In addition to the climbing structure, swings and slide is this "spider web" monkey bars


and a bouncy dinosaur. The day we visited, there were several families enjoying the playground with lots of giggles and screams of delight.


The main reason I enjoyed this park so much is because of the paths through the woods. One path leads to this picturesque bridge. It spans a gully and empties into a nearby neighborhood. 


Another path leads into the woods. It's an easy loop trail with a gentle rise and fall. There's all kinds of vegetation, including ferns and tall grasses and mushrooms.  


There's also a lot of ivy covering the ground and growing up the trees.



Here in Eugene/Springfield, ivy is an invasive species. Every year the parks department calls for volunteers to help keep it in check. This impressive rooting system was left clinging to the tree once the leaves were removed.


The path through the woods reminds me of my beloved Kiwanis Park near my old home in Post Falls, Idaho. I hope this is one park Dale and I will return to again and again.


Now that it's summertime, (and I'm caught up blogging about the parks we've visited so far), Dale and I hope to visit more parks on Tuesdays and/or Saturdays. It's been raining a lot lately, which has put a bit of a damper on our travels. We're so ready to jump into the convertible and explore more of our new state.

No comments: