Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Eugene Park Tour - Meadowlark Prairie

I met a friend at this wetlands park today. It's huge, with a paved bike / skate / walking path surrounding it. The path continues east all the way through town.


Neither of us has been walking much lately, so we took it easy. We certainly enjoyed the scenery -- almost as much as we enjoyed each other's company.


My friend said she'd been there a few weeks earlier, and the the water has receded quite a bit.


Still, there were large ponds and flowing streams. We stopped to watch the little family swimming along.


The edges of the wetlands are covered in tall grasses. 


Luckily, this park is about a 5 minute drive from home, so I can return often. Perhaps next time I'll visit around sunset when more wildlife is active. 

Note to self: Take my tripod and telephoto lens to get sharper images of the birds.

No comments: