Monday, October 17, 2022

Garden Birds

My sweet sister Janet sent me a surprise a couple weeks ago.


She gave me an early birthday gift of three 500-piece Ravensburger jigsaw puzzles! She knows this is my favorite puzzle brand because the quality is excellent. The subjects were thoughtfully chosen. This first is called Garden Birds. I love the saturated colors.


It's an excellent illustration for a jigsaw puzzle because of the unique sections of each bird, filled in with colorful foliage.


Growing up, Janet and I often shared birthday celebrations because our birthdays are just three days apart at the end of November. Some years we even combined birthdays with Thanksgiving.

I put this puzzle together while watching the 9th congressional hearing of the January 6th Committee. It's good for me to keep my hands busy while watching the world fall apart - much like Madame Defarge in A Tale of Two Cities.

No comments: