Thursday, October 20, 2022

Throwback Thursday: Bookmarks

Years back I made a ton of bookmarks. I made 12 one year for a literacy program. I made a bookmark for each member of my quilt group - about 25. I made a bookmark for each member of my high school girl group - 8 or 9. I made bookmarks for each of my daughters. I made bookmarks to try out new embroidery techniques. 

I even made a few bookmarks for myself.

Here's a smattering of some of my finishes:


Pretty Fall Leaves - for a quilting friend



Bunny Butts



Examples of "pattern darning"



Two layers of felt with a window for the stitchery - for Easter. The bunny is done in petit point.



Two layers of ultrasuede with a window



Pretty hearts in a repeating pattern stitched on Ribband



A dragon for my eldest, Jeanne



Bright sunflowers



Embroidery on paper with metallic threads



Heraldic Rose - from a kit. This was fairly expensive for a bookmark, but the quality is great. I kept this for myself.



Train - for a children's hospital



Tonal bird - for one of my gal pals



My favorite giraffe - I kept for myself and use regularly



#throwbackthursday

No comments: