Monday, December 19, 2022

Beaded Ornaments

Earlier this month when I was over the contagious part of the virus, but still not feeling up to par, Jeanne came to spend some time with me for a Crafternoon date. We decided to make up one of the beaded ornament kits from my stash. 



Jeanne picked this set of 6 blue and white icicles. There are 6 sizes of pearl beads, some blue starburst beads and blue seed beads. The ornaments are formed on wire.



I love the sweep of small pearl seed beads alternating along the sides of the larger pearl beads. They give the design a lot of movement.



The first set of ornaments went together quickly, so we decided to make up a second kit of four ornaments. I purchase my bead kits from Mary Maxim.



The instructions there called for a spiral bottom to the ornament. Then the beads are strung.



The top of the ornament endswith this large hook.



Jeanne and I work quite well together. After all these years of crafting, I'm allowed to organize all the bits and beads. Jeanne's responsible for reading the instructions and explaining each step as we go along.



My old frozen dinner trays come in very handy in my Studio. This time they held the different sizes of beads. I used Post-It notes to mark the sizes.



After completing the ornaments and tidying up the Studio, we had some fun "modeling" the ornaments by placing those big hooks over the top of our ears. They make quite the stunning earrings, don't you think?



"The Fun Mom" strikes again.

Honestly, spending time with Jeanne definitely helped my healing.

No comments: