Friday, December 30, 2022

Weekend Plans

Every year, my favorite part of the week between Christmas and New Year's Day is reflecting on the year gone by, and planning for the new year. I also take time to spiffy up my Studio so I have fresh room to work.

I completed most of the planning today. Tomorrow will be devoted to reflection.


I've decided on my 2023 goals:

Word of the Year: Flow
This means to get completely involved in what I am doing – focused, concentrated. It's when I'm in a space where there is no time. It's present. I also want to get better about "going with the flow" instead of resisting when circumstances cause a change in plans. I want to circulate more in the world since I'm finally starting to get used to being in crowded places again after three years of Covid. And I want to learn to use a flow medium for paint to give my painted rocks a new twist.

2023 Objective: Bring more FUN into my life
My least favorite question I'm asked by my mental health professional is, "What do you do for fun?" My answers are lame. I want to have more fun. I want my brain to sparkle.

2023 Creative Goal: Go on another Creative Journey with photography. 
I first started learning to take photos by ... just taking photos. I received a point-and-shoot digital camera in 2005. Every day for a couple years, I took photos and posted the very best one of the day on my website. I learned a lot. I'd like to do something similar. This time, read the photo books by great photographers in my personal library, figure out a couple setups for a photo studio, learn some principles of design using online classes, learn more about my editing program, things like that.

23 Goals in 2023: 
To keep it simple, I plan to visit 23 more parks in the area with Dale on our Tuesday Travels. If I do that, I'll call it a win for the year.

To make it complicated, I have some alternate goals that involve many kinds of crafts, movies, puzzles, gratitude, geocaches, giving things away, spending time with friends and daughters, listening to audiobooks, and leaving pretty art objects out in the wild for others to find and make their day.

Lift a glass of sparkling cider with me to toast in the new year ... 


My retired life is still full of possibility and learning and being of service to others.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful plans