Monday, April 17, 2023

Rainbow Jewels and So Much More

Dale and I had a busy day yesterday. Of course, I'm such a homebody that just about any time I leave the house I feel like I've had a busy day. Nonetheless ...

We started out by meeting our eldest, Jeanne, at the Eugene Public Library's annual used book sale. I got to hug a good friend there that I haven't seen for several months. That was a lovely way to start.

I don't read many paperbound books anymore and didn't expect to buy anything. I thought I'd peek at photography books. There might be one by a solo photographer in which their photo process is explained along with the photos they took. Reading through this type of books is one of my 23/2023 goals.

I was so lucky. I found three such books. One is: Anne Geddes An Autobiography: A Labor of Love. Anne is known for her flower baby photography, though the book is about her entire photographic career.

The second book is about the history of photography in England.

The last is by my photo teacher, Nick Kelsh, and writer Anna Quindlen. It's called Naked Babies.


I also found a hardbound copy of Sherman Alexie's memoir, You Don't Have to Say You Love Me. I loved his book, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-time Indian which is semi-autobiographical. I so enjoy his writing.

In the crafty department I found a paperback book called, Designing Handcrafted Cards by Clair Sun-ok Choi. It has some beautiful ideas, especially for cards with windows cut-outs.


After that, we hit the kids' book section and I found about 10 books for our granddaughters. Their birthdays are coming up very soon and we get to go to Idaho to visit with them. Reading books together will give us plenty of cuddle time. One of the books has all the "Dick and Jane" volumes in it -- the books I used when I was learning to read. I think Melody will get a kick out of that fact.

When we came back home, Jeanne and I put this colorful puzzle together while watching my favorite version of Pride and Prejudice -- the one with Colin Firth. 


This beautiful puzzle by Puzzlebug is called Rainbow Jewels. It was slightly harder than we expected, but it was finished by the end of the day.


This makes for the 6th of the 23 puzzles I hope to do in 2023.

All in all, a very good, full day yesterday. Today, I'm totally tired. Good thing I'm retired and have no obligations.

No comments: