Saturday, February 24, 2024

Embellishments

As you might guess from my love of cardmaking, I like stationery in general. I've been collecting it since I was a kid writing to pen pals. I have a lot of interesting and varied designs. I even have some from tablets my Mom who died 26 years ago! So when I recently sent a note to my high school "bestie," I decided to part with some of my favorites.

This card is by artist Laurel Birch. I adore her colorful, whimsical style.


However, my friend and I bring out the giggling, silliness of childhood in each other so I decided to embellish the card. On the front, googly eyes and heart gems.


For the enclosed note, I used three sheets of vintage stationery from my Mom's 1970s collection. Silly image, silly saying, silly googly eyes.


On the inside, I cut out one of the characters from the vintage stationery and added puffy heart stickers as balloons.


In return, she sent me a hilarious card of a waffle with googly eyes, holding a heart. Ah! She knows me.

Bestie and I haven't seen each other in about a decade and she's never met Dale. We hope to rectify that within a month. Can't wait!

No comments: