Friday, February 16, 2024

New Year Cards

In the last holiday season, Dale and I decided to send New Year cards instead of Christmas cards. That way I had time after the main holidays to handcraft a card. Here it is!


I started by printing a deer shape onto red cardstock. Then using some very sharp scissors, I fussy-cut the design.


The plan was to adhere the deer to the front of the card. So I first printed the greeting onto cardstock and cut it to size with my paper trimmer. After that, I embossed the design.


I used this very cool embossing folder from Sizzix. To me, it looks like a snowstorm at night.


To finish the front of the card, I adhered the deer onto the snowstorm. This photo shows the sparkly red cardstock that the deer was cut from. The combination of glitter paper and embossing made for a very tactile card.


The inside greeting was inspired by a song I used to sing at church:


Finally, I signed the back of each card in my usual way.


I always use Christmas-themed postage stamps for the final touch.

It was pretty fun to make an entire set of 25 cards for a change of pace. However, I still prefer making one-of-a-kind cards most often.

No comments: