Monday, February 26, 2024

Valentine Wreath

 I made this wreath for my daughter Julie and tucked it into the gift box sent to our granddaughters. Mom's need a little lovin' too.


I started with this small straw wreath form. I think it's only 8 - 10 inches across at the widest point.


The straw was shedding quite a bit, so I decided to cover it completely. Starting at the bottom of the wreath, I wrapped it in festive ribbon.


Unfortunately, my ribbon wasn't quite long enough, so I rewrapped it after deciding where I wanted to put the embellishments. The top right part of the heart needed a little extra love.


As you can (barely) see in this photo, I wrapped the bare spot in the same gingham ribbon that I used for the wreath hanger. I like the proportion of the gingham ribbon with the heart ribbon. 

I had a hard time finding just the right flowers in my stash. After attempting to use a number of fabric flowers, I finally settled on using these paper flower with pearl centers. I adhered them to the wreath after fussing with the polka dot bow. I admit to being quite frustrated with this part of the assembly until it finally came together.


However, I am quite happy with the result.


As part of my 24 Goals in 2024, I'm happy to say that I was able to find all the elements for this wreath in my stash, so I didn't have to buy any additional supplies for this project. 

No comments: