Saturday, September 8, 2007

Day 435: The Waiting Game

I added a new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section,
Sunset at Silverwood


Now that school is in session, Jodie is working up at Silverwood only on the weekends. But I must admit, I'm getting pretty tired of her commute. Dropping her off is not so bad. I can drive up, let her out, and be on my way to take care of my own errands and get on with a quiet day at home.

Today that included getting to have a ride with Dale in the convertible on an ideal early September Idaho day. There were sparse puffy clouds in a blue blue sky. The temperature was in the mid 70s. And we had Magnificat by Chanticleer wafting through the CD player. Magnificent!

But picking my daughter up is beginning to feel like a chore. I can be waiting in the employee parking lot for up to a half hour before Jodie makes her appearance. And now that the days are becoming noticeably shorter, I end up driving home in the dark. Sheesh. I already am at the age that I don't like driving at night.

But I've got to admit ... I am witnessing some spectacular sunsets. How lucky am I to be living in this gorgeous part of the world?

No comments: