Sunday, September 23, 2007

WIP: Wedding Sampler [7]


The stitching is now complete!

I decided to use a brighter and more orange shade of Gentle Art Sampler Thread to fix the fading yellow Xs and Os problem. I chose "Butternut Squash," using just one strand over the top of the stitching I'd already done.

Because of the light color, the extra thickness of three strands floss does not seem too heavy in the yellow as compared to two strands in every other color.

The good part is that now those Xs and Os show up much better. They don't fade into the background, neither do they pop out as a main feature. I think I got it like Goldilocks would like it ... "just right."

I signed and dated the piece on the bottom left using one strand of that same Butternut Squash.

Now I'll have Jeanne give me an idea of what kind of matting and frame she'd like. With a piece like this, I think simple will be better. Time to pick out some options, then let her choose.

2 comments:

Kathryn in NZ said...

THat really is so lovely. Looks great. Congrats on the finish!

Deb said...

Cammi, This is so pretty and jazzy! I'm sure it will just fit the bill with the two new sweethearts! I like what you did in using the Butternut and bringing it down with that. A mat may be nice in that color as well. Your work is really exception. Good for you!
Hugs,
Deb in FL