Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Little Changes

My oldest daughter gave me this quotation. She's been trying to fit exercise into her daily routine so that it becomes easy to do — a no brainer. She lives in a cold and icy place where it's not easy to get out for a walk. But walking around her apartment complex seemed like something she could do most of the time.

So I challenged her to just go out for a few minutes every morning, walking around the apartments. After a day or two, she decided to do two or three easy laps.

The third day, she noticed that there was an awful lot of trash on her walk. So she popped into her apartment, grabbed a trash bag, and on the next lap, she just picked up trash as she went along and dropped it in the trash can before heading back inside.

She wrote to me:

I was just SO TIRED of seeing all the garbage. So, I helped out our community and I helped out the earth by not procrastinating and just DOING IT. I kept reminding myself, I didn't need to get EVERYTHING. ANYTHING was better than nothing.

:: Proud Mommy Look ::

1 comment:

Jeje Strobe said...

::: Grinning enthusiastically :::
Wow! Now I'm even more proud of myself! Thanks!