Monday, March 3, 2008

Day 566: Illuminating

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey
in my Photography section, Compact Fluorescent Bulb


To become part of the fight against greenhouse gases, we are slowly converting the incandescent light bulbs in our home to compact fluorescent bulbs.

The shape and reflective qualities caught my eye this morning.
Smooth.
Curvy.
Sensuous.

Hmm. A little like me!
;D

The way I am enamored by close-up photography, you'd think I walk around with my magnifying glasses on all the time ...

2 comments:

CoCo said...

This is a gorgeous photograph -- the way you've lit the bulb, the softness of it and the lower contrast reminds me of Weston.

I have thought about how you must look at things. Really SEEING and then sharing what you see. Thanks for that.

- Colleen

Kathryn in NZ said...

yup, love that shape of those bulbs. Have always liked the shape of the [now] old style bulbs too come to think of it.
Electricity and indoor plumbing: may I never have to be without it!
teehee, I'm prodding Colleen the AZ gal as much as I'm prodding you...