Sunday, March 30, 2008

Day 594: On My Desk - I Love Sewing

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, I Hate Hemming Pants

It's after 10pm and I still haven't posted my photo for today.

Why?

Because I promised myself I'd do it as soon as I finished hemming this pair of jeans for my daughter. She must have them for tomorrow. She's going on a great roller coaster extravaganza in California, and these pants need to be ready to pack. Pronto!

But ... instead of getting the job done, I sit and play Freecell.

I absolutely love to sew. Especially any kind of handwork.

So why is it that I simply HATE to hem pants?

:: gritting teeth and growling ::

I don't know. But I'd better get to it.

Count this as my next installment as a participant in this photo meme.


[hee hee ... it's actually done now ... or I wouldn't be posting my photo, right?]



2 comments:

CoCo said...

Good for you for getting done a loathsome project! In my opinion, what's the hardest about hemming pants is the tiny area you have to work in. I feel claustrophobic, somehow, and jumpy.

Much easier to roll them up and say I wanted it that way -- lucky for me, my daughter has really long legs, plus actually LIKES to wear her pants a little bit short (remember when that would get you sooo teased in school?). When she stops liking that, I'll be devising clever ways to extend her pants and be in the same sort of situation, just the reverse!

Hope you won at Freecell -- that's even harder than hemming pants!!

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

Ah! But I play so much Freecell, I'm an expert! lol

If only I'd put that much time into other projects!

Cameo @-->-->---