Sunday, August 3, 2008

Money Problems


I like these two quotes. But then, I have a very healthy relationship with money.

When I was a college student ... and again as a single parent ... I didn't much money. So I worked for what I could get. Spent only that. Never went into debt. Used my brains to figure out other solutions to my problems. And learned that if all something took was money to fix it, it wasn't usually a life-altering problem. It's the problems that you can't fix with money that are the ones that bite you in the butt.

Now, I live more comfortably as far as finances go. But I still live within my means. As a family, we still don't have much consumer debt. We use our brains to work through problems. And those problems that money can't fix ... are still the real problems that need the most attention.

C'mon, people! We can work our way out of so many of these economic problems if we will just engage our brains and stop whining.

No comments: