Friday, January 16, 2009

My Creative Space - Christmas Gift Tags


Once again I'm joining Kirsty of Kootoyoo for her weekly photo meme
My Creative Space.


"How do I join?" you ask. It's simple! Every Thursday ...

"post an image of what's in progress either on my desk, in my spot, on the sofa, desktop, at the kitchen table...whatever."

OK, so I'm a day late and a dollar short. And since this meme originates in Australia, it looks like I'm two days late. What can I say? It's been one of those weeks.

But today, I actually got around to doing something a little bit creative, so I have something to show for myself.

I took the 2008 Christmas cards and cut them down into 2009 Christmas gift tags:


The space? Our dining room table. Thus, the weird lighting from the chandelier on a dimmer switch.

The materials? Some templates, the old Christmas cards, some scissors that cut fun edges, a pencil, a hole punch, some crochet cotton .

The entertainment? I'm watching an Oprah webcast on my laptop.

This process took about an hour and a half for 30 gift tags, which included stopping to eat some soup along the way.

Now I'm off to bake some cookies. Gingerbread. See? I'm really not done with Christmas yet.

:: sigh ::

1 comment:

CurlyPops said...

I love that idea. It's such a great way of recycling!