Monday, September 30, 2019

September Goal Update



Oh, September! You brought me so close to my annual goal! 18+ of my 19 goals are complete!

Finished goal #17:  Do the finishing work on six of the needlework pieces that are stitched but not ready for display

I turned a stitch sampler from 2001 into a journal cover.



Finished (Alternate) Goal #18:  Take my little guitar to Kiwanis Park and play it by the river

I had a professional re-string my guitar. Then daughter Jeanne and I went down to the river and I played and sang for about a half hour.



-----

Goals in progress:

Over-achiever Goal: Blog at least 25 weeks of #throwbackthursday posts of my 1997 - 2007 projects.

Though I already completed this goal of 25 in July, I wrote two more in September, bringing my total to 32 #throwbackthursday blog posts.




Over-achiever (Alternate) Goal: 50 movies/series from my Netflix and Amazon Prime queues

Though I finished this goal last month, I watched another from my list. I also watched about 40 YouTube videos that were sitting on my "Watch Later" list.



Alternate Goal (in progress): Fix / paint front door

Half done! The outside of the door is painted. We're waiting for the temperatures to get back above 60 degrees before we take it off its hinges so we can paint the inside. 


Alternate Goal (in progress): Purge and organize storage shelves in exercise room

I made some good progress on this goal. I culled more of the holiday decorations. Three boxes worth of Spring, Summer, and St. Patrick's Day decorations all fit into one box now. Plus I found new homes for quite a number of Christmas decorations.



Alternate Goal (in progress): Treadmill … fix it or sell it or give it away

We're so close! We found someone who wants it. We're just waiting for him to pick it up.




Alternate Goal (in progress): Convert audio cassettes into digital format and/or get rid of them.

I culled the tapes, so I know which I want to convert. I bought the tool to complete the process. Stick the tape in the player. Plug the player into the computer. Copy the music into a digital format. Toss the cassettes (finally).



Whittle a Little:

I've been whittling a lot. In my Studio, I've given away:
  • most of my yarn stash 
  • half of my fabric stash
  • two quilts
  • six fabric swatch books
  • two pillow forms
  • many zippers and fasteners
  • most of my trims and lace stash (but not the ribbon. Never the ribbon. So, so much ribbon!)
  • some floral supplies
  • several projects I know I'll never finish
  • and more
Elsewhere we've whittled:
  • about 75 hangers (we have pretty matching hangers in every room now!)
  • a table and chairs set
  • a decorative mirror
  • elliptical trainer
  • the exercise bike
  • my Peugeot bike (that was better for a 30 year old than a 60 year old. Dale and I intend to buy new bikes so we can geocache in style)
  • plush chairs
  • not-so-plush chairs
  • couch we no longer need
  • some kitchen appliances and utensils we rarely use
  • some journals/notes I no longer need (very rare occurrence)

And finally...

Alternate Goal (in progress): Move to Oregon

We bought a vacation home! Now we can see our daughter Jodie more often. More about this later.

No comments: