Thursday, September 5, 2019

Throwback Thursday - 2006 Part 3


If it's Thursday, it's time to take another trip in the wayback machine. This week we'll look at the first six ornaments that I finished in April 2006  - The Year of the Ornament.


Wooly Ornaments

I saw these adorable ornaments in the Mary Maxim catalog and just couldn't resist purchasing the kit.


I love the old-fashioned colors and sweet designs.

Wooly Tree
for Jodie

In my first session, I cut out all the pieces from the felt.

Wooly Cat
for Julie

The next session, I lightly glued the pieces together.

Wooly Santa
for Jeanne's husband

After that, each ornament took about three hours to embroider.

Wooly Snowman
for Jeanne

Pieces are attached to each other with buttonhole and straight stitch. Embellishments are made with lazy daisy, chain stitch and French (or Colonial) Knots.

Wolly Sheep
for Dale

These ornaments were great fun to make. 

Wolly Holly
for Margaret

I kept them for my family. They were to be our "2005" ornaments, since I didn't get personalized ornaments made for the previous Christmas.

No comments: