Sunday, September 1, 2019

August Goal Update



August was a good month for progress on my annual goals! I had to reassess my list now that I'm more than half way through the year. Several of my original 19 are now moot, as life in the Davaz household changes over time. I knew I would likely have to switch some up, which is why I have a nice juicy list of alternate goals to choose from. Here's what I completed this month.


Goal #17: Blog at least 25 weeks of #throwbackthursday posts of my 1997 - 2007 projects.

Though I already completed this goal of 25 in July, I wrote four more in August, bringing my total to 30 #throwbackthursday blog posts.




Goal #19: Finish at least one of seven courses

I finished The Creative License by Danny Gregory and wrote some of my thoughts on the book in an earlier post.




Alternate Goal: 50 movies/series from my Netflix and Amazon Prime queues

I completed this goal with these:
44. The Conspirator
45. The Music Never Stopped
46. Can You Ever Forgive Me?
47. Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
48. Mary Poppins Returns
49. The Great British Baking Show
50. Far from the Madding Crowd
I suppose my favorite of the bunch was Mary Poppins Returns. The Great British Baking Show is a close second. Both are completely charming and make for a sweet way to end a day.




Alternate Goal: Deal with the yellow basket on the chair in my bedroom

The basket had been sitting there for years, containing costumes and make-up for half-baked self-portrait ideas. The ideas had potential when I thought them up, but they haven't aged well. I may do only one of the four or five I had planned. What is left over has been absorbed into my collections or tossed out. It feels good to have finally made those decisions -- and have a chair I can sit in to boot!



Whittle a Little

Dale and I have been going whole hog this month! We've pared down quite a lot -- including many, many more books. I found good homes for them, along with some quilts, blankets, most of my bead stash, some musical instruments, and a couple more pairs of shoes. But my biggest focus was on the kitchen. I donated quite a few small appliances and dishes that we seldom used. All in all, we whittled well over 100 items. It's feeling lighter around here!

Fondue, anyone?


2019 Totals as of August 31
SIXTEEN GOALS!
11 of the original goals finished
3 original goals in progress
5 of the alternate goals finished
4 alternate goals in progress

Only 3 more goals to complete my 19 for the year. I hope to have them done by the end of September.

And then, as you might guess, I'll follow through on the goals I have in progress because ... well ... why simply achieve when you can over-achieve?   ðŸ˜‰



No comments: