Sunday, June 23, 2024

Strawberry Season

Oh, look! A basketful of strawberries


So juicy and sweet -- like rock candy


Or, like rocks anyway.

I saw a video that claims that if you paint rocks to look like strawberries, then set them among your strawberry plants, the animals will be fooled by the "ripe" strawberries, find out they're no good, and leave your ripening strawberries alone. 

I don't know if it will actually work, but it was fun to spend time in my Studio painting rocks again.


I put them out in my strawberry patch this morning. There's a few scattered on the ground.


Others are hidden among the plants


beneath the growing berries.

Cute, aren't they!


I didn't get many strawberries last year, and some were bug-eaten by the time they were ripe. I've already eaten two fresh berries this year. My plants survived last winter's ice storm and sent out runners so that I could plant a 5th barrel. So far, they're looking lush and the harvest is promising.

No comments: