Thursday, February 14, 2008

Book Review: One Small Step Can Change Your Life

This fast-paced, easily read book speaks of Kaizen, a 20th century philosophy of better business practices grounded in the two thousand-year-old wisdom of the Tao Te Ching.

The seed of the philosophy lies in gradual, minuscule, non-threatening changes that help big jobs get done over time with long-lasting positive change.

This book works hand-in-hand with Flylady's method of keeping sane ... take baby steps, repeated over time, to make huge changes in your life and learn to live in peaceful surroundings.

I gave the book 4 out of 5 stars. You can read my full review on my website in the Bookshelf.

2 comments:

Timaree said...

I don't know if it fits in here but when I complain to my son about the how's and why's I just can't take a walk he almost always comes back with "Stick on foot out and take a step, repeat with the other foot" or something else just like it.

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

Oh, Freebird! That's EXACTLY what this book is like.

In fact, the author recommends just STANDING on the treadmill at first, just to get used to the idea.

Or just marching in place while watching TV commercials.

Any movement to start and get used to the idea in your head.

My favorite exercise quote is, "The hardest part of exercise is putting your shoes on and tying them up."

Thanks for your comment!