Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 541: More Tools of Torture

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, Embroidery: Snip-a-Stitch

This nifty little scissors has an awfully mean-looking hook on the tip of the blade.

Why's that?

Well, we needleworkers have been known to stitch a mistake or two into our pieces. When we can't work around the error, it's time to act like a frog and

rippit
rippit
rippit

These specialty scissors have a notched blade that helps easily rip out unwanted stitches. You slide the notch under the stitches that need to be removed, snip, and gently un-stitch all the hard work you just put into your piece!

I keep these nearby ... but not too close. I wouldn't want to tempt fate and have them so close that I subconsciously make errors just because they're so easy to rip out.

No comments: