Thursday, February 14, 2008

Day 549: Happy Valentine's Day!

I added this new photograph to Creative Journey in my Photography section, My Valentine


Last week I saw these adorable felt hearts broches on Lil Birdie Stitches blog. They looked so cute and simple, I just had to make some. I was short on time, so kept them very clean. Given more time, I could have gone embellishment crazy!

The heart on the left is one I made for myself; the heart on the right is for my daughter Jodie. I decided to use a pre-glittered red felt for the front and a simple white felt for the back. The button on Jodie's heart came from my grandmother's button collection.

Jodie used her valentine as a hair ornament this morning, attaching it to her pony tail band. I'm wearing mine as a lapel pin.

I love the way these look!

Plus, they inspire me to try different shapes for other holidays ...

4 comments:

CoCo said...

These are beautiful! I'd never heard of glittered felt and now I want to run out and get a bunch of it. I haven't written in a long while, but I wanted to say I've been enjoying the embroidery tool photos and I can't wait to see whatever it is you're working on.
Happy V-Day,
Colleen

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

Colleen! So glad to hear from you. Hope you and your sweetie and daughter have an excellent Valentine's Day as well.

Have you taken any fun photos lately?

~ Margaret

Lil_Birdie said...

They came out adorable :)
I love the glittered felt idea , never seen it before .

CameoRoze (Margaret) said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog!

We may turn into a mutual admiration society.
:: grin ::

Cameo @-->-->---