Thursday, February 28, 2019

Throwback Thursday - 2004 (Part 6)

In May 2004, I completed quite a few projects, so I'll start with the bookmarks, card, and ornaments this week, and share the slightly larger projects next week. All these bookmarks were stitched for my quilt group ladies. The small ornament was stitched for a charity organization. The larger ornament was one I stitched for myself and hang on my tree each year.


Blackwork Bookmark #5

Another from designer Clair Louise Coult of Dumani Designs. It used navy perle coton rather than stranded cotton floss.




Card for Mom

A design by Ellen Maurer-Stroh. Stitched for my mother-in-law to accompany her Mother's Day gift.




Sunflower Bookmark

Sunflower #2075 is from a small kit from Designs for the Needle. I like this little design so much that I've stitched it several times over the years. I love the curvy stem. It makes me smile every time I look at it.




Snowflake Ornament

I stitched this ornament from a design I found in the November 1996 edition of Cross Stitch Magazine. As I look at it all these years later, it seems quite out of proportion with that long tassel I added. I like that my design sense has matured over the years.




Goodie Ornament

The original design for this piece is called Goodie Bag IV from At River's End. I adapted the chart by using the stitches presented, but turning it into an ornament. It had a few unusual stitches, and included beads and metallic threads.


Here's a detail shot:




Flower Bookmark

This is a second design from the At River's End design company that I stitched that month. I chose a variegated floss for the stem and leaves, and added a yellow bead for the center of the flower.




Bookmark Sampler

The pattern for this sweet band sampler bookmark was in the September/October 1991 edition of Cross Stitch & Country Crafts magazine. 



No comments: