Saturday, August 31, 2019

Grandpa Ed

I was sorting through a bin of vintage linens yesterday and ran across this photo. The linens belonged to my mother, my maternal grandmother, and my 1st husband's mother.

This photo is my mother's daddy, Edwin. He held me once when I was an infant, but died within my first year of life. I don't know the year this photo was taken. Maybe 1948?



The back of the photo has this notation:



On a family trip across the country that we took in 1976, as part of our country's bicentennial celebration, we spent one night in Prescott, AZ. I wonder now if my parents planned that stop as a remembrance of an earlier trip. The trip on which this photo is taken is a part of family history that I don't know. I don't recognize the handwriting, either. It doesn't look like my mom's.

This is such a cool treasure to have unearthed!

No comments: