Thursday, August 15, 2019

Throwback Thursday - 2005 Part 10

We finish up 2005 with these last entries from the wayback machine.


Love Ornament

This is the second in a series of ornaments that I adapted from the Noel Ornament.

This ornament was stitched on red 14 ct aida with #8 perle coton. I decided not to back this one at all. I simply turned in a hem on each side and stitched it in place with a running stitch.

The banner's "pole" is a toothpick, stitched into place with the top row of Xs. The hanging cord is made from eight plies of the same perle coton. The finished size is 1-3/4 x 5 inches.




Peace Ornament

And finally, the last of the series of Assisi work ornaments that I adapted from the Noel Ornament.

This ornament was also stitched on red 14 ct aida with #8 perle coton. I finished it the same way as the Love Ornament above. The finished size is 1-3/4 x 6 inches.




Winter Hats

What to make after knitting scarves in November?

Why, crocheting hats in December, of course!

In the Fall while shopping for school clothes, my daughter saw some cute, white, lacy skull caps. I told her I could make one for her. But when I went looking for a good pattern, I could only find one for toddlers.

So what's a crafter to do?

Why, make my own crochet pattern, of course!



I understood the basic premise of starting with a circle and increasing gradually until the hat fits the top of the head. Then stop increasing while building the sides of the hat. I did this all in double crochet - chain one. For the band, I switched to single crochet - chain one.

I was so pleased with the way my daughter's hat turned out that I made a black hat for myself!

My daughter, Jodie, is modeling the hats for me in these photos.


No comments: