Friday, August 21, 2020

Trying Something New

 When my brain goes into a swirl of repeating and negative thoughts, I find that doing something simple and repetitive is helpful. It's why things like counted cross-stitch and crochet and knitting work so well for me. More often, I find myself playing Spider Solitaire on my phone ... W-A-Y too much. Honestly, I've WON over 11,400 games.

So last night I thought I'd try a new kind of repetitive activity. The art of Zendoodle:

Zendoodling is the art of drawing designs using structured patterns... When you draw a Zendoodle, you're creating a work of art, but you're also deliberately creating a mood, focus, and state of mind.
[It's] an easy-to-learn, relaxing, and fun way to create beautiful images by drawing structured patterns... It increases focus and creativity, provides artistic satisfaction along with an increased sense of personal well being.

When I doodle, I usually use repetitive shapes. This practice could expand on a thing I already do, and take it to another level. I'm hoping I'll doodle instead of incessantly playing solitaire.

I found a few patterns on Pinterest and gave them a try last night. 


This is my favorite of the bunch so far:


No comments: