Saturday, August 1, 2020

July Goal Update

In July, I concentrated on these four goals:
* Listening to two more podcast short series
* Writing another letter to a friend
* Reading books
* Studio design

I finished the first three and had help toward the fourth. I also continued going above and beyond many of my other goals. I consider this as having made these activities a regular part of my life.




Overall Statistics

Completed: fourteen goals
In Progress: four goals + two alternate goals
Unstarted: two goals
High-achiever (reached my goal but did more anyway): eleven goals


---

Goal Details

1. Transcribe session from last year's Skamania Celebrate Your Life retreat
Finished in February

2. Create a watermark for my photos
Not yet

3. Memorize the names of all the U.S. presidents in order
Not yet

4. Reach a new goal weight
Finished the 1st in March.
Reached the 2nd goal weight in April.
Reached the 3rd goal in July.

5. Find a new doctor, a new dentist, and a psychiatrist
In progress:
Got my new doctor in February
Had another appointment with my mental health nurse in July
I have a lead on a dentist, but will forego making an appointment until the crisis is over.

6. Put together 20 jigsaw puzzles
Finished in February. 
I made two more in July:
32. Painted Wood Birdhouses - July 09
33. Pinwheels - July 13

7. File all new digital photos once per quarter
Finished first quarter in March
Finished second quarter in June

8. Zero out email box once per quarter
Finished first quarter in March
Finished second quarter in June

9. Learn to cook six keto dishes
Finished in March.
Learned two more in July:
15. Zoodle Alfredo
16. Keto Brownies

10. Listen to 20 podcast short series
I completed this goal in July! I recommend both:
19. The Way We Live Now with Dani Shapiro
20. Revisionist History with Malcolm Gladwell


11. Find 20 geocaches
Finished in March. 
I found seven more in July:
26. Checkermallow Access - July 3
27. Territorial Seed Co #9
28. A Dumpy Kind of Place
29. 2-Dogs
30. Currin Covered Bridge
31. Mosby Covered Bridge

32. Dorena Covered Bridge

12. Watch 20 movies or series from my Netflix / Netflix DVD / Amazon Prime / Hallmark queues
Finished in May. 
In July, I watched 14 more:
21. Love Actually - July 04 (DVD)
22. Jane Roe - July 05 (Tivo)
23. Victoria (Masterpiece PBS) - July 08 (TiVo)
24. The Vote - July 10 (TiVo)
25. Victor Borge's Funniest Moments - July 11 (DVD)
26. The Dressmaker - July 12 (Amazon Prime)
27. Homecoming with Julia Roberts - July 12 (Amazon Prime)
28. The Lake House - July 14 (Netflix)
29. Jump the Broom - July 19 (DVD)
30. Clueless - July 21 
(Netflix) 
31. Mrs America - July 24 
(Hulu) 
32. The Gospel According to Andre - July 24 
(Hulu)
33. Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot - July 24 
(DVD)
34. Sweet Magnolias - July 26 
(Netflix) 

13. Celebrate 20 minor holidays
Finished in May.
I celebrated two more in July:
25. International Kissing Day - July 6
26. International Chocolate Day - July 7

14. Read / listen to 20 books / audiobooks
I completed this goal in July!
16. The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd - July 10
17. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - July 21
18. God’s Joyful Surprise: Finding Yourself Loved by Sue Monk Kidd - July 29
19. Little Witch by Anna Elizabeth Bennett - July 30
20. The Children of Lir by Ann Carroll - July 31

15. Write 20 #throwbackthursday blog posts about my 2006 and 2007 projects.
Finished in June. 
Wrote five more in July: This entire years-long project is now done.
22. September 2007 (part 10) - July 2
23. October 2007 (part 11) - July 9
24. October 2007 (part 12) - July 16
24. November and December 2007 (part 13) - July 23
25. July Birthday Fairy - July 30

16. Create a preliminary design for permanent furniture and fixtures in my Studio.
Dale helped me start this goal by making a scaled drawing of my space. He's much better at precise measurement than I am.

17. Master bedroom closet organization.
Finished in February.

18. Send 20 letters / cards
Finished in July!
20. Sister - July 5
21. Friend - July 13
22. Friend - July 19

19. Paint 20 rocks.
Finished in March.
I painted 20 more in June.

20. Buy furniture: couch, loveseat, glider, dining room table.
Finished in April.



Alternate Goals

Complete 20 previously started projects 
3. Friends Forever stitched ornament - July 19

Make a food treat or a dessert each month
July - Keto Brownies (July 25) (yucky)



Word of the Year: Settle

Dale and I did quite a number of things around the house to help me feel more settled:
* Unsubscribed from some podcasts
* Unsubscribed from more email lists
* Sanded flower boxes
* Painted flower boxes
* Planted flower boxes
* Shelves in garage
* Sorted through more boxes
* Gave Grace a home by the front door
* Completely finished the #throwbackthursday blog/website photo project


I've also tried to watch the sunset most evenings. I take photos and share them on Facebook. It's a great way to settle into the end of a day.

---

In August, I'll put more effort into designing my Studio for more permanent furniture. Perhaps I'll look at those last two goals I've not yet started: creating a photo watermark and learning the names of all the U.S. Presidents in order.

No comments: