Sunday, October 18, 2020

Growing the Patch

 Once I completed the turning-sweaters-into-pillows project, I still had sweater fabric left over. I used the sleeves of the black sweater to decorate a couple more pumpkins. 

I saw examples of black pumpkins with orange polka dots on Pinterest, so decided to use the ideas as my starting point. 



I covered the first pumpkin with silver and orange sequins, held in place using straight pins with black and orange heads.


I fashioned a stem out of floral wire covered in black yarn. Then gave the stem a collar of black felt imbued with iridescent glitter.



The second pumpkin was covered in the black sweater, then bedazzled with four sizes of google eyes.


I admit to burning my fingers several times with the hot glue as I stuck the eyes to the pumpkin.


I created another stem with floral wire covered in black yarn. This time, I unraveled some yarn to use as a collar around the stem.


They're quite a pair! My granddaughter Melody particularly likes the one with eyeballs.

Using the sweater material for two more projects works toward one of my alternate 20 Goals in 2020. I may yet finish 20 of the projects I've begun or had kitted up. 



No comments: