Saturday, December 26, 2020

On the Second Puzzle of Christmas

Dale and I enjoyed the first 500 piece puzzle so much, that we decided to put a second puzzle together on Christmas night. 


We chose this 1000 piece Charles Wysocki puzzle ... and it took us until 2am to finish it. What can I say? We were having fun with this great illustration and listening to The Oath podcast. 


Buffalo puzzles are well made, which makes them feel good in my hands as I'm working on them. Plus, I simply love Wysocki's artwork! Each feels homey and old-timey and filled with details of Americana. 

Old friends catching up while shopping.


Young women out for a Sunday ride, wearing their twin-y best.


The happy hens in their fancy condo.


And a very content pup.


Putting a puzzle of Americana together while listening to great long-form interviews about people in modern-day public service is a great way to spend an evening. It helps me believe that we Americans are of good heart and will make it through this trying time. We'll get there by solving one piece of the pandemic puzzle at a time.

No comments: