Saturday, February 6, 2021

Annie's Owl

 I finished crocheting an owl for our granddaughter Annie today! Adorable!


I followed the pattern from Repeat Crafter Me, using my own color scheme. I was unable to find a triangular button, so I embroidered Owlie's beak instead.


Just like Annie, Owlie loves to read books. Just like Annie, Owlie likes to squeeze cats. They are both learning how to handle books and cats with care.


Owlie hoots, "I can't wait to meet Annie!" But he'll need to wait a while longer before he flies off to Idaho.


In the mean time, he's hanging out with his best friend Puffball Hamster Kittie in the Studio.





.

.

I had intended to use some Safety Eyes on Owlie, and bought some just for this purpose. I even learned how to use them (a 21/2021 goal). Unfortunately, the two layers of crochet were too thick, and the back of the safety eyes wouldn't click into place. Instead, I found these two buttons from my grandma Bertie's collection. I sewed each on with three separate strands of double thread, in hopes that if one strand breaks, the eye will stay in place with the other two strands. Trying to keep my little Annie safe from swallowing small items.

No comments: