Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Melodrama in the Mist

Ah! I just unearthed these photos on my camera. They're from a 300 piece jigsaw puzzle I put together about a month ago. I had itchy fingers and needed to keep them busy one evening.


This is another puzzle based on an image by Charles Wysocki called Melodrama in the Mist


As with most Wysocki illustratons, this has some wonderful details. Check out the theater with it's big town clock, the ornate woodcarvings over the porch, and the old red armchair on the roof!


The marquee lures in the guests. Looks like a barn-burner!


These theater-goers are dressed up in their Sunday best for their date. I like how he's holding his umbrella on his arm while holding her steady with an arm around her back. Her beaded handbag is a wonderful detail.


And this umbrella on a cranked holder attached to a bicycle is to die for. She's so sporty with her short cape. The red ribbon bow tie at her neck matches her hatband.


For now, I can't get enough of these puzzles. I have a feeling that over the years, every time I put a Wysocki puzzle together, I'll recall these long months of Covid isolation and how the comfort of putting a puzzle together kept me sane.

No comments: