Monday, February 22, 2021

Magnetic

I found this string of bead on the athletic track behind my house. I assume some kid dropped it and left it behind. I picked it up and put it in my pocket without examining it. I thought they were just pretty beads. Heavy for their size, but pretty.


When I got home, I washed them off and took a closer look. That's when I realized the beads were actually magnets that are remarkably strong for their size. They certainly have a mind of their own. It was quite a task to get them to lie as a single strand on the table.


It also took some doing to get them to line up side-by-side. What are these things? I did a little research online. I think they might be MagneDotz. 


I recall once hearing stories about how these small magnets are a danger to little kids and pets. They're marketed as some kind of executive desk toy.


I admit that they are fun to play with. 


I'm not sure what I'll do with them. I'd hate for them to end up hurting little kids or animals.

No comments: