Sunday, February 28, 2021

Jan - Feb 21/2021 Update

My 2021 goals are off to a slow start. It might be because my goals are more vague this year than they were last year. It might be because I have to push myself every day to keep from sliding into a deeper depression. It might be because I'm so tired of staying away from other people due to Covid, so inspiration isn't coming as easily for me this year as in the past. 

It's likely a bit of all three.

As a recap, my 2021 goals are:
  1. To attempt 21 new-to-me artforms
  2. To flesh out my word-of-the-year: Explore
  3. To recreate images that other photographers have made using the hashtag #tryittoosday
  4. To pair a daily walk with listening to an audiobook that I only listen to while walking. This way I can ingest more books each year while at the same time be motivated to walk. 


Here's what I've managed so far:

Artforms
  1. Writing My New Story for 2021. I did this with an online workshop.
  2. Made a spiritual-based vision board. I did this with an online workshop.



  3. Learned to utilize layers in my photo editing program
  4. Learned to use safety eyes for stuffed animals

Explore
  1. Hiked with Jodie at a new-to-us location, Kirk Park


  2. Tried out two online workshops
  3. Drove up a street I'd been curious about for over a year. It was sad. I found an entire homeless encampment on this out-of-the-way street in a light-industrial part of town.

Try It Too-sday

Audiobooks
  1. Challenge Accepted by Celeste Barber (Recommended! Funny!)


  2. I Will Always Write Back: How One Letter Changed Two Lives by Caitlin Alifrendka and Martin Ganda (Recommended)


Now, if I had kept my goals really simple -- say, build 21 jigsaw puzzles -- I'd be more than half way to my 21 goals. I've already put 12 together. 

All by itself, having constructed that number of jigsaw puzzles sums up how raw my emotions have been so far this year.

No comments: