Monday, February 14, 2022

Park Tour: Lost in the Woods

Jodie and I went for a country ride recently. We didn't have a plan when we set out; we simply needed some distance vision. Then we saw a sign to a waterfall, and went in that direction.

We knew we were lost when we ended up on a one-lane rutted uphill dirt road ... with private property signs. Good thing Jodie's an excellent driver! She got us turned around and headed in the right direction. We finally found what we were looking for:


We had the place to ourselves. It's a beautiful picnic area. We heard the sound of rushing water, and walked in that direction. First we came to this bridge, spanning the river.


After a short walk down a slippery path, this! The falls upstream


A beaver dam downstream. Bonus: this is an Earthcache.


I do believe I've found my happy place.


I can't wait to show Dale.


No comments: