Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Teacher Craft Kits: Part 1

Through a series of circumstances on Facebook, I've begun to (virtually) meet some members of my community. I've been giving useful items away through our local Buy Nothing group. Giving this way is pandemic-safe because we leave the items offered on our front porch after sharing our address through private messages. I've given well over 75 items, and I've received some nice things, too (fabric, beads, pumpkin decorations, etc.)

At one point, I offered a whole bunch of new pencils and a desktop shelf. I wanted the items to go to an educator. In the offer, I mentioned something about how much I appreciate teachers and how I used to enjoy volunteering at elementary schools.

I must have said the magic words! A teacher contacted me to ask if I could help her with the prep work on some classroom art projects. Well! After all those Grandbaby Craft Kits I made last year, this challenge was right up my alley.

She brought by a big bag with all the needed supplies and the instructions. I roped Jodie into helping me. We cut paper plates and cotton balls and yarn and lots of paper shapes, then kitted up the supplies in a bag: one of each of the four crafts for each student.


The first lessons appear to be about animals. Here's all the bits and bobs for the lamb.


After I made all the kits up, I made a sample of each craft. Can you say, "Baaaa!"



Next, a lion. Here are the body parts.


And here's the completed sample.


I'll show you the other two kits soon.

No comments: