Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Dragonfly Dreams

I finished a thing!

2023 is starting off well for me in the creativity department. I'm so pleased. I started this dragonfly back in September or October last year. I stitched a lot for two days, then it languished. I knew I'd made a stitching mistake somewhere and didn't have the mental bandwidth to figure out where.

By January, I was tired of seeing "Finish the Dragonfly" on my daily task list. So I started listening to a new audiobook, pulled out my needle, and got' er done. Another win for 23 in 2023.


It's quite a small piece -- only about 40 x 40 stitches square. For the size, it has some lovely detail.

I've decided to keep this piece for myself.


Dragonfly Dreams is a design by Debbie Mumm. It was published by Dimensions in 2002. It comes as a complete kit: Chart, fabric, threads, printed mat, glass, and hanging hardware.


I appreciate Debbie's philosophy of life:

Have fun.
Be kind and respectful to everyone.
Laugh a lot every day.
Continue to develop your heart and soul.
Enjoy beauty and nature.
Continue to grow in the garden in which you're planted.

No comments: